How to uninstall Skype for Business from Windows and Mac: Skype for Business is a useful application for Windows and Mac to stay connected with your office mates. But, a lot of users are having trouble with this software. Many Windows and Mac users complain that the Skype for Business software is using a lot of disk space or memory.
Skype for Business is a Microsoft-developed software that offers instant messaging and video calling. Skype for Business, formerly known as “Microsoft Lync Server”, is a useful app for organizing business meetings. One can join in a meeting of up to 250 members on the Skype for Business application. It lets the users interact with each other over video calls using the internet.
However, this useful software has also been a troublemaker for a lot of users. Skype for Business app is reported to be eating up a lot of disk space and is also causing high CPU usage. This is why a lot of users are trying to uninstall this application. If you also want to know how to remove Skype for Business software from your device, read below.
How To Uninstall Skype For Business Windows
If you are using Office 365 on your device, then it is impossible to uninstall the software from your device. You must remove the reset of the Microsoft Office site to delete it from your device. However, if you are not an Office 365 user, you can easily uninstall Skype for Business on your Windows device.
Here is how to remove the Skype for Business application on your Windows device.
1. Stop Skype for Windows from Starting Automatically
Without uninstalling the software, you can still make it from stopping on your device. For this, you must stop the Skype for Business software from starting automatically. If you have not disabled this option, Skype will automatically open on your device when you log in to Windows. Therefore, make sure to stop this Skype for Business app on your device.
- Launch Skype for Business app on your Windows device and click on the gear icon at the top-right. Go to the “Tools” and then click on “Options”.
- Now, click on “Personal” and uncheck the boxes for “Automatically start the app when I log on to Windows” and “Start the app in the foreground”. Then click on OK.
- Next, go to the “File” and click on the “Exit” option. Doing so will stop Skype for Business to run on your device.
- This won’t uninstall the app but stops it from running on your device.
2. Uninstall Skype for Business On Your Device
The second method is to uninstall the software from your device using the simple method. Here, you must note that the Skype for Business software can’t be removed from your Windows PC if you are using an Office 365 subscription service on your device.
- Go to the search option on the Taskbar and type “control panel”.
- Open the Control Panel from the search results.
- Now, click on “Programs” and then select “Programs and Features”.
- Select the “Skype for Business” app and click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Confirm to uninstall the software from your Windows PC.
- Once done, click on “Close” to exit the window.
3. Remove Skype for Business From Registry Editor
Deleting an application from the registry editor will make sure that the software is completely removed. Therefore, if you want to delete Skype for Business software, go to the Registry Editor to delete it. Follow the simple steps given below to delete Skype in Registry.
- Press the Windows+R keys to open the Run command window on your screen.
- Now, type the “regedit” command in the empty field and press Enter key.
- Once in the Registry Editor window, click on the “Edit” tab and then select “Find”.
- In the Finder box, type “Skype for Business” and click on “Find Next”.
- Using the right-click option to delete the search listings. (Microsoft allows up to 50 deletions at a time)
- You have successfully uninstalled the Skype for Business software from your Windows device.
- Skype muting other sounds windows 10
- how to do split screen on Chromebook
- adblock not working on twitch
How To Uninstall Skype for Business Mac
If you are a macOS user, then you can use the following method to uninstall the Skype app from your device. Unlike Windows, you don’t have to dig into the apps and then delete them. Just dragging the app to the trash bin will do the work fine. Follow the simple steps given below to delete Skype for Business on Mac devices.
- Firstly, go to “Skype for Business” on your Mac screen and click on “Sign out”. This will remove the Skype for Business icon from the dock.
- Now, close the Skype for Business sign-in page, and press the Ctrl key and then click on the Skype icon. From the given options, click on “Quit”.
- Next, go to the “Finder” option and click on “Applications”. Find “Skype for Business” and drag the app and drop it in the trash.
- As simple as that.
We have shared the complete details about deleting the Skype for Business software on both Windows and Mac devices. There are three ways to uninstall Skype for Business software on your device on Windows. Whereas, deleting on Mac is simple and easy. If you like this post, share it with your friends too. Stay tuned to Lavrusik.com for more useful guides.