How to Split Screen on Chromebook? If you are a multitasker, then this post is especially for you. Using the split screen feature on your Chromebooks, one can easily manage two apps or works at once. Split Screen allows you to see two apps on a full screen. Do you want to know how to enable the split screen view on Chromebooks? Learn how easily you can make use of the split view feature for Chrome OS laptops here and make your life easier.
Now you can split-screen on your Chromebook and run multiple windows at once. Just like split view on Mac, Chromebooks can also take advantage of the split screen. All the computers or laptops that can run on the Chrome Operating System can be used to split the screen. So, next time if you have to do multiple tasks at once, or you want to work on two different apps or two programs, then you can use split screen.
For example, if you have to copy some content from a document to a spreadsheet, then this will be helpful. You can view what you are doing on two different apps on the same screen. But, how to enable this feature on your Chromebook? If you don’t know how to do split screen on Chromebook, then get the complete details below and use them on your Chromebook.
How To Split Screen On Chromebook
There are three simple ways that you can use for splitting your Chromebook screen. All of them have been shared below in the easiest way possible. Just go through the steps and use them on your Chromebook whenever you want to use a split screen on your device. Know how to split your screen on a Chromebook below.
1. Split Screen On Chromebook Using Drag and Drop
Using the drag and drop method, one can easily split their Chromebook screen into two tabs. Follow the simple steps given below to split screen on Chromebook.
- Open the tabs you want to view on your screen. On the first tab or window, click on the title bar and drag it to the left or right of the screen.
- A vertical dark line will show up when the split screen is enabled on your Chromebook. Once you see this line, release the mouse or trackpad.
- The tab will fit in the left or right of the screen according to the one you select. The selected tab will in the half screen of your Chromebook perfectly.
- Next, go to the second tab and drag it using the title bar and drop it on the other half of the screen. That’s it. You have successfully split the screen on your Chromebook.
2. Split Screen On Chromebook Using Maximize Button
Another simple method that can be used for splitting screens on Chromebooks is very basic. All you have to do to split screen on a Chromebook is using the maximize window button on your Chromebook. This is also helpful when you want to view two windows on a full screen divided into two portions.
Click and hold onto the Maximize button until you see the arrow icons. Now, snap this window to the left or right of the screen. Once you release the button, the screen will fit in the right or left half of the screen perfectly. Next, go to the other tab and do the same. Click on its maximize button until the arrows appear. Get this tab and place it on the other half or empty screen.
3. Shortcut For Split Screen
Don’t want to do all that dragging and dropping? If you are too lazy to use the mouse for enabling the screen split on your device, then you can just use a simple keyboard shortcut. Keep the tab opened and press Alt+Right or Left brace key to get that tab on the left or right of the screen. Now, get the second tab on the empty half side.
- To move the window to the right side, press the Alt+Open brace button.
- To move the window to the left side, press the Alt+Closed brace button.
- Now, get the other tab or window to the empty half screen.
We hope you got the simplest ways to split the screen on a Chromebook with the help of this post. Whenever you have to switch back and forth between two tabs on your Chromebook, just use the splitting screen feature. If you liked this post, then share it with your friends and let them know how to make use of split screen on their devices. For more useful posts, visit the Lavrusik website.