Are you looking for a quick fix for your Skype muting other sounds on Windows 10? If your Skype application is muting other apps on your device, then this can become a big problem. Fixing it as soon as possible will unmute the other sounds on your PC. Know how to fix Stop Skype from muting other sounds Windows 10 in this post.
Skype is a telecommunication application that is mainly used for voice calls and video calls over the internet. One can use this app to send text messages, make voice calls, and video calls. Skype is available for computers, tablets, mobile devices, the Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S consoles, and smartwatches too. Skype is one of the first apps that was used for video calling.
However, now a problem that has arisen on Skype is users can’t use the voice feature for other apps on Windows devices. Skype muting other sounds or lowering the sounds for other apps is reported by a lot of Windows users. If you are also troubled with the same cause, it is time to fix this. Know the best methods to fix your Skype muting other sounds Windows 10.
How To Fix Skype Muting Other Sounds Windows 10
Skype muting other sounds on Windows 10 is an annoying issue. When using Skype for a video call, the Skype app reduces the sound for other applications by default. This is all good unless you are making a personal or business call.
However, when gamers use Skype for interacting with their fellow players, such as using Discord, if the voice doesn’t work, then it’s a problem. So, if you don’t want your app sound to reduce due to this Skype on your Windows, then perform the solutions given below.
1. Stop Skype From Lowering Sound On Windows 10
Follow the simple steps given below to change the advanced sound settings on your Windows 10 PC. This is the best way you can stop Skype muting other sounds on the device.
- Firstly, go to the search bar widget on your PC and type “control panel”.
- Now, from the given apps, click on “Control Panel” to open it.
- From the given options, open the “Hardware and Sound” section.
- Next, click on “Sound”. A mini window will appear now on the screen.
- Switch to the “Communication” tab and check the “Do nothing” option.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save the changes.
- Now, restart your device and use Skype. The voice lowering issue will be fixed.
2. Disable Exclusive Mode Settings
Skype application can mute or reduce the sound for other apps since the exclusive settings give permission. Disabling the Exclusive Mode settings on your device will help to fix this issue. Here is how to disable the Exclusive Mode settings for Windows 10 devices.
- Go to the Sound icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen and right-click on it.
- N0w, click on the “Open Sound Settings” option and select “Device properties”.
- From the top-right corner, select the “Additional device properties”.
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen. Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Under “Exclusive Mode” settings, uncheck both options.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save the settings.
3. Stop Skype In The Background Apps
If Skype is still muting the other sounds on your Windows device, then stop Skype from running in the background apps. Giving access as a background app lets the app interrupt other app settings. Follow the steps given below to stop Skype in the background apps.
- Right-click on the Start menu and select the “Settings” option.
- Now, open the “Privacy” section to open it.
- Click on the “Background apps” tab from the left pane of the window.
- Go to “Skype” in the given apps and turn off the button.
- Now, restart your PC and then use Skype.
- The volume muting or reduction issue will not show up.
4. Use Skype Web Version
Even after trying all the solutions, still Skype muting other sounds? Well, if nothing works, then use the last method given here. Instead of using the Skype application on your Windows PC, use Skype web for making video calls. Using the Skype app will by default reduce or mute the sounds on your device.
Therefore, simply switch to the web version of Skype to avoid such issues. You can easily access Skype online or Skype web from your Microsoft device. This will be the best option if your Windows device keeps on muting other sounds while using the app.
We hope the information provided here was helpful for knowing why Skype is muting your apps on the computer. Also, we have given the complete details about fixing this issue in clear steps here. Use the techniques given here and fix your Skype application creating trouble on your device. For more useful guides from Lavrusik, keep connected with our website.