Discord Screen Share No Audio: In today’s post, we are going to discuss how to fix the audio issues on Discord while screen sharing. A lot of Discord users can’t hear the audio properly while sharing the screen on Discord. If you are also having the same problem, then this article will help you out.
Discord is an instant messaging, digital distribution, and Voice Over Internet Protocol application. Discord is a free-to-install application that is greatly compatible with Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, and Windows platforms. Most Discord users are gamers who use Discord for live streaming and playing games with a community of friends. One can use the Discord screen share feature when playing multiplayer games.
But, for some Windows users, Discord audio doesn’t work properly when screen sharing with other users. The users are having a hard time communicating with each other due to the Discord no audio screen share problem. So, if you want to fix your Discord application audio issues within no time, then perform the solutions given below.
How To Fix Discord Screen Share No Audio
Discord works normally and doesn’t show any problem when using in a normal mode. But, when a user shares his or her screen with another user on Discord, the audio problem arises. If you are having this problem on your device, then the reason can be an outdated application, not having enough permissions, pending updates on drivers, etc.
Whatever be the reason for this problem on your Discord app, you can fix it with some easy fixes. Follow the solutions given below to fix Discord screen share no audio.
1. Restart The Device
The first solution that we recommend for fixing the Discord screen share no audio Chrome is restarting your device. Restarting the PC will refresh the device programs as well as your network settings. If your audio is not working on Discord, then it can be fixed with a restart.
- Restart your device (smartphone, computer, laptop, tablet).
- After rebooting the device, open Discord and start screen sharing.
- The audio issue should be fixed by now.
2. Run Discord As Administrator
Make sure you have granted enough permissions for the Discord app to run properly. Follow the simple steps given below to run Discord as administrator.
- Go to the desktop icon of Discord on your device and right-click on it.
- Select the “Properties” option from the given menu.
- On the Discord Properties mini window, click on “Compatibility”.
- Select the box for “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Click on Apply and then the OK button to save changes.
3. Launch Discord In Windowed Mode
If the Discord issue still appears, try to use the Discord application in Windowed mode instead of borderless. A lot of Discord users have tried this method and found it effective. Therefore, use Discord in a minimized window or windowed mode.
Open Discord on your computer and click on the minimize button to use Discord in windowed mode. Now, sign in to your account and start sharing the screen on the app. Now, check if the audio on Discord is working or not.
4. Update Discord
Discord application gets regular updates for the app. These updates contain a lot of software bug fixes and also offer other newer features. Therefore, make sure to update the Discord app on your device.
- If using Android or iOS devices, go to the respective app store and go to Discord. Select the “Update” button to update the Discord app.
- On Windows, press the Windows+R buttons on the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “%localappdata” in the box and press Enter to go to the Local App Data.
- From here, open Discord and double-click on the “UpdateX.exe” file.
- Wait for this update to install and then restart the PC.
5. Update Audio Drivers
Since you have an audio issue on your Discord application, make sure your device has an updated set of audio drivers. You must always update the audio drivers on your PC if you don’t want such an issue to occur. Follow the steps given here to update audio drivers on Windows 10.
- Press the Windows+R keys on your desktop or laptop to get the Run dialog box.
- Now, enter the command “devmgmt.msc” and click on the OK button.
- Click on the “Audio inputs and outputs” and expand the options.
- Right-click on your audio device and select the “Update driver” option.
- Select whether you want to update the drivers automatically or manually.
- When the updates are installed, restart the PC and check on Discord.
6. Reset Discord Video Settings
Reset the Discord Video Settings to default to fix the audio issues. If you are still not able to get rid of the Discord screen share audio problems, then reset the audio settings for the application. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- On your device, launch Discord and click on the Settings icon.
- Now, from the left pane, select the “Voice & Video” tab.
- Go down and click on “Reset Voice Settings”.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear. Click on “OK”.
- After resetting the audio settings, exit the Discord app.
- Now, relaunch Discord and start screen sharing.
- The no audio issue should be fixed by now.
7. Reinstall Discord
Discord is still troubling you? If you are not able to hear any voice or audio on Discord due to screen sharing, then just uninstall the application. Then, download the latest version of Discord onto your device to start using it again as a fresh one.
- Right-click on the Start menu and select the “Run” program.
- Type “control panel” in the box and click the OK button.
- Now, select “Programs” -> “Programs and Features”.
- Right-click on Discord and click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Confirm again by clicking on “Uninstall”.
- Go to the official site of Discord and download it onto your device.
- Complete the installation and start using the app.
Discord is one of the most used digital distribution apps right now. If you want to fix the Discord application audio issues within no time, then perform the solutions given in this post. The audio issues on your app will resolve quickly. For more useful guides, visit the Lavrusik website. Stay tuned to our website for more regular updates.