Do you want to know how to Split Screen in Mac using split view functionality? If yes, then you have arrived at the right place. Every computer user must have hoped for a split-screen on their device at least once for some reason. You will be glad to know that MacOS actually offers a split-screen feature. Using the feature, you can handle multiple tasks at once.
When you are working on two different tasks on two windows at one time, it gets tiresome to switch the window every once in a while. If you are using two different apps, then you must have wished that both of them appear on your screen at the same time. For those multi-taskers, this split-screen Mac feature is a boon. It would also be helpful when you are copying data from a document into a spreadsheet.
Splitting the Mac screen is all cool and fun. But, how to split screen in Mac? If you don’t know how to split screen in Mac devices, then this detailed guide will help you out. Know the complete procedure for activating multi-screen windows or split-screen using split view on your macOS device successfully and make your works easier and simpler than before.
How To Split Screen In Mac Using Split View
There are some basic options to use multiple windows on your Mac without using the split-screen functionality. You can easily drag the window’s edge by clicking on the edge and make the window smaller enough to take only half of the screen. However, when you click on the other window, this one will appear. Also, the floating windows are difficult to handle.
Split Screen Feature in Mac is the best option for using sharing your screen between two applications. The split-screen option can be used on Macbook and desktop monitors. Instead of using floating windows, use the split view on Mac and easily split the screen for various purposes. If you don’t know how to do split screen, then the upcoming steps are for you. Here is how to split screen in Mac using split view.
How To Enter Split Screen In Mac
Why waste your energy and time switching the windows when you have such a useful feature. Using Split Screen on your Mac helps in making your operations easier and quicker. To enter the split-screen mode and to start using it on your Mac, follow the simple steps given below.
- In an open window, go to the top-left corner, and click on the green button. Hold onto this button until the split-screen mode is enabled.
- Once you leave this button, the window will go to either side of your screen. If it is situated on the left side, and you want it on right, then you can just drag it to the other side.
- Now, on the remaining half screen, say on the right side, all the windows that you have opened will appear.
- Just click on the window that you want to view on your Mac desktop monitor display or screen. That’s it. You have successfully shared the screen for two apps on your device.
- You can also swap the windows according to your liking. Just click and hold onto the edge of anyone window and drag it to the other side. The windows will be swapped.
- If you want to make a window larger than the other, then you can adjust its width. Click on the border placed between the windows and drag it to the opposite side to view that window larger.
- Also, the menu bar with the three dots will disappear in split-screen mode. To get it on your screen, just move your cursor to the top of the windows.
How To Exit Split Screen In Mac
You have seen till now how to split screen in Mac using the split view option, but what to do when you want to stop the screen splitting on your Mac. To exit split-screen, go to the top-left corner of a window and click on the green button. The window will go to its pre-split screen mode and the other window will be opened in a full-screen mode. Now, view all the windows using Mission control or swipe to it on your trackpad and go to the second window. Click on the green button to resize the window back to its original state.
We hope you got to know how to split screen in Mac devices easily with the help of this guide. Splitting the screen is as simple as dragging your windows. However, a lot of Mac users are unaware of this feature. So, next time when you have to work on two apps, use the split-screen and make your tasks easier. For more useful guides from Lavrusik, keep visiting our website.