Skyrim Script Extender 64(SKSE64) Not Working? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this post, we are going to show you some of the best methods to fix the SKSE64 tool that is not working properly. Stay with us till the last and fix the problem easily.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is one of the most popular video games on the internet. One can use any number of mods and skins on this game. The SKSE64 (Skyrim Script Extender 64) is a tool that is helpful for downloading and using mods on the game. You can enjoy your game with amazing mods using this tool.
However, a lot of users are not able to use the mods since the SKSE64 won’t launch on their devices. Since the SKSE64 tool is not working, the games are not able to use the mods properly. So, if you are also having the same problem, just use this post and fix this problem easily.
Why Is SKSE64 Not Working
SKSE64 is one of the most important tools to the play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game. If your SKSE64 tool is not launching suddenly, then the reason could be many. There are a number of reasons for the SKSE64 tool encountering launching issues. Some of the major causes are:
- Corrupted, faulty, or improperly installed mods on SKSE64.
- Windows Defender Firewall or Antivirus software blocking the tool.
- Pending updates on the Skyrim Script Extender 64 tool or the game.
- Software bugs within the Skyrim Script Extender 64 program.
How To Fix SKSE64 Not Working
SKSE64 plays an important role in running the Skyrim game. However, if the SKSE64 tool doesn’t work, the game won’t be accessed successfully. Therefore, we have provided working and effective solutions for fixing the SKSE64 not launching issue. If you are worried that your SKSE64 is misfunctioning, just try these methods.
1. Restart the Device
Firstly, restart your device to get rid of the SKSE64 not launching on your device. Whenever you encounter any minor issues like an app is not launching or the internet is not connecting, then a simple restart can do the charm. Reboot your device and then launch Skyrim Script Extender 64. If it is not launching successfully, go to the next solution.
2. Turn Off Third-Party Antivirus
If you have installed a third-party antivirus application like Avast, Norton, etc, on your device, then disable it. Antivirus software apps are well-known for giving false positives. A lot of times, these software programs blacklist your games, apps, and URLs. Therefore, just turn off the antivirus app on your device for a period of time. Check if the SKSE64 tool is working or not after performing this method.
3. Allow SKSE64 and Skyrim Through Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall is the source of more than half of the application problems on Windows. Though it is useful for protecting your device, it annoys the users by blocking useful sites and apps. Similarly, the Windows Firewall can block your Skyrim game and the SKSE64 tool out of suspicion. Therefore, allow these apps through Windows Firewall to fix the SKSE64 not working issue.
- Right-click on the Start menu and open the Settings. Open the Update & Security menu.
- Now, from the left pane of the window, click on the “Windows Security” tab.
- Go to “Firewall and network protection” and click on “Allow an app through Firewall”.
- Then, click on the “Change settings” button and find the SKSE64 app and the Skyrim game.
- Check the boxes next to SKSE64 and Skyrim under both Public and Private.
- Finally, click on “OK” and save the changes.
- Launch SKSE64 and check if the tool and the mods are working properly.
4. Disable or Delete Faulty Mods
SKSE64 is all about installing mods on its platform. Many developers keep adding useful and interesting mods on SKSE64. However, being a popular game it is, many malicious sites and hackers try to attack your device using these mods. Not only that! Several times, the mods are not installed properly due to some network or permission issues. Therefore, disable or just permanently delete the mods that you think are faulty.
- Turn on your device and go to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on the game and select the “Mods”.
- In the Mods section, select the mod that you think is faulty.
- Then, click on “Disable” to disable this mod on your game.
- If you want to remove it, click on the “Delete” option.
- Relaunch Skyrim and SKSE64 and check if they are working.
- io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception how to fix
- Instagram reels video download online
- url blacklist avast
5. SKSE64 Not Working – Reinstall SKSE64
If all the methods given above were not able to resolve the problem, reinstalling SKSE64 is the best option. Just follow the simple steps given here to uninstall SKSE64 and then install it again.
- Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features.
- Click on the SKSE64 program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Now, right-click on the desktop icon of Skyrim and click on “Properties”.
- Then, click on the “Details” tab in the pop-up window.
- From the details, note down Skyrim’s Product Version.
- Open the browser and search for the SKSE64 tool suitable to the Product Version.
- Download and install it on your device successfully.
- The SKSE64 tool not working issue on your device will be fixed.
That was all about the Skyrim Script Extender 64 tool not working issue. If ever your SKSE Special Edition not working and you are not able to play the game, try the fixes given here. Hopefully, the solutions that we have provided here will successfully resolve the problem. Keep visiting Lavrusik for more useful guides. If you like this post, then please share it with your friends. Thank you for reading.