Firestick Remote Not Working: A Firestick can’t be accessed unless you operate it with the remote. But, what if the remote is not working? Well, there can’t be an annoying thing more than this for the Firestick users. However, don’t worry if your Fire TV remote not working. We are going to help you get out of this situation easily.
Amazon Firestick is a great source of entertainment. One can install any number of applications on a Firestick from the Amazon app store and have fun. Watching movies, TV shows, and much more is offered by Firestick devices. These Firesticks are USB-like hardware devices that have to be connected to a TV or other streaming devices.
The most important thing about Firestick is, it is operated with its own remote. Firesticks come with a pair of devices, one will be the streaming stick and the other is the remote. These remotes work with Bluetooth pairing. So, a lot of times, connectivity issues encounter in Firestick and its remote. Here, we are going to show you how to fix the Fire Stick remote issues successfully.
What Causes Firestick Remote Not Working Issue
There can be various factors that can lead to the Firestick remote issues. Here, we have listed out some of the major and commonly seen problems on Firestick remotes that make them stop working.
- Battery issues: The number one cause and the major reason for your remote not working are the batteries. If your batteries are misplaced, expired, or damaged, then it can cause the remote not to respond.
- Physical damages: A remote won’t work properly if it is damaged or broken. If you have kids at home, then there is a high chance of a broken Firestick remote.
- Pairing issues: If your Firestick and the remote are not paired with each other, then the Firestick won’t identify the remote operations. Therefore, you must make sure both the Firestick and remote are paired.
- Longer distance: Firestick remotes work with Bluetooth pairing, unlike other remotes that use infrared signals. The maximum distance range for your remote to work is about 30 feet.
- Signal interference: If you have a device at home that can interfere with the Bluetooth signals, then it can also cause the problem.
- Compatibility issues: Generally, the Firestick and the remote when purchased newly are compatible. But, if you bought a replacement Firestick remote, then you must check if they are suitable.
7 Ways To Fix Firestick Remote Not Working
Below are the working methods to fix the Firestick remote that doesn’t respond. Just follow the methods given below one by one and easily fix your remote within no time.
1. Check Firestick Remote Batteries
The first thing that you should check in your remote is the battery problem. Remote controllers work with batteries. Even if one of them is not working or is expired, then your remote won’t work efficiently. Also, the placement of the batteries is important to make them function properly.
- Remove the batteries from your Firestick remote.
- Insert them properly and check if the remote is working.
- If still won’t work, replace the batteries with newer ones.
- And if the problem still persists, install different batteries.
- Try the next method if your Fire TV remote not responding still.
2. Pair Firestick And Remote Manually
Generally, the Firestick and its remote come already paired up at the time of purchase. So, you don’t have to manually pair them after installing the Firestick on your TV. However, the Firestick and the remote may not come paired up sometimes. Therefore, if you have bought a new Firestick remote, pair your Firestick manually. To do so, follow these steps.
- Firstly, install the Firestick on your TV’s HDMI port and turn it on.
- Wait until the Fire TV boots up and the home page appears.
- Get your remote near the Firestick and press the Home button.
- Hold the Home button for at least 10 seconds.
- Release the button after 10 seconds and check if the remote works.
- If still not working, go for the next solution.
3. Reduce The Distance
Firestick remotes use Bluetooth signals, so they can take signals from about 30 feet. However, a lot of factors or hindrances can make the remote not work even if it is within the distance limit. Therefore, you must make sure the remote is not so far from the Firestick. Also, there should not be any obstacles in between them.
- Firstly, get your remote near to the Firestick.
- Make sure there are no hindrances in between.
- Now, check if the remote is working or not.
If the remote is working only after keeping the devices nearby, then try to use a dongle Firestick extension and keep your Firestick within the reach.
4. Avoid Interfering Devices
Using Firestick remotes is a lot more advantageous than the regular remotes in a lot of aspects. However, using these Bluetooth remotes comes with some disadvantages too. Your infrared remotes can’t be affected due to interference from other devices. However, the Firestick remote can easily get affected due to signal interferences. Therefore, make sure the devices given below are not placed nearby your Firestick or the remote.
- Microwave ovens
- Unshielded coaxial cables
- Wireless phones
- Wireless speakers
- Other wireless devices
5. Reset The Firestick Remote
Reset the Firestick remote if it still bugging you. If the remote is still not working, just reset the remote by following these steps.
- Firstly, unplug your Fire TV and wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Now, press and hold the “Left” button, “Menu” button, and “Back” button simultaneously.
- Keep pressing them for 12 seconds and then release the buttons.
- Wait for 5 more seconds and remove the batteries from the remote.
- Next, plug in the Fire TV and leave it for 1 minute.
- Insert the batteries back in the Fire TV remote and press the Home button.
- This will reset your remote and will surely fix the problem.
6. Check The Compatibility
If you are still not able to fix the Firestick remote not working on your TV, then go back to the remote again. The Firestick and its remote should be compatible or suitable with each other to work properly. If you have recently bought a new Firestick remote, then make sure they work well with each other. The compatibility of the Firesticks and their remotes are based on their generations, models, etc. You can visit the official website of Amazon and check which remote is compatible with your Firestick.
7. Firestick Remote Not Working? Use Fire TV App
If you are still having the same problem with your remote, just buy a new remote. But, for the time being, you can always use the Firestick remote application which is the Amazon Fire TV app. This app is compatible with Android, iOS, and Kindle devices. Using the Fire TV app, you can use your smartphone as the remote to control your Firestick. You just have to pair your smartphone or tablet to the Firestick and start using it as your remote. Follow these simple steps to use Fire TV app on your device.
- Firstly, turn on the Firestick and let it boot up properly.
- Also, make sure both your Firestick and smartphone are connected to the same wifi.
- Now, go to the respective application store and install the Fire TV app.
- Open the application on your device and sign in to your Amazon account.
- From the given list of streaming devices, select your TV.
- Then, an activation code will appear on your Fire TV screen.
- Quickly enter this code in the Fire TV app on your mobile phone.
- Your mobile device and the Firestick are paired successfully.
- Start using the mobile device as your remote now.
We hope the solutions in this article were helpful. We have tried, tested, and gave the most effective and useful fixes here. If your Firestick remote is not working, then just use the solutions given here and fix it easily. Make sure the batteries are working properly before you go to other fixes like resetting the remote. For more related articles, keep visiting Lavrusik.