Do you want to know how to fix the io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error on Minecraft? If you got this error on your Minecraft game, then don’t worry, it’s just a timeout error. Here, we are going to show you how to fix this io.netty.channel abstractchannel error on Minecraft successfully.
Minecraft is one of the largest games on the internet right now. This sandbox video game has become extremely popular among kids and teenagers equally. However, even Minecraft is not able to escape the errors. The same is with the io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error.
The major causes for this error are network issues, IP address issues, and firewall protection. If you ever got this error on your device, you don’t have to worry so much. It’s just a timeout error in Minecraft that many players of Minecraft encounter. Know how to fix it easily here.
How To Fix io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception In Minecraft
Below are the simple methods to fix the Minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception Connection Timed Out error. Follow the methods given here to fix the error easily.
1. Reset The Router
Before you perform those in-depth and tricky fixes for your Minecraft error, try some easier ones. Resetting your router is one of the best ways to resolve the IP conflicts on your router. The Minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error can occur mainly due to IP address issues. Hence, reset the router to fix the problem.
- Examine your router carefully and find the “Reset” button.
- Using a pin, press the reset button.
- Wait until the router resets completely.
- Now, connect your device to the router and check on Minecraft.
2. Delete Unstable Software
If you have installed some corrupted software apps or games on your device, then it can be the major cause of the error. Using unnecessary applications for your device can only harm it and the device applications. Therefore, you must make sure to not trust any third-party sites or apps that are not well-known.
Not only the software but also the Minecraft plugins can be corrupted. If you have added any unknown plugins or mods on your game, then delete these plugins or mods. Also, try to recall which unknown app or game you installed on your device recently, and get rid of it.
3. Add Exceptions To Firewall For Minecraft
Follow the steps given below to grant Minecraft through Firewall. If you are having the io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection refused or connection time out error, then try this method. Firewall blocks a lot of games and apps for security purposes. Therefore, grant access for Minecraft folders.
- Press Windows+I keys to open the Settings and click on “Update & Security”.
- From the left pane, click on the “Windows Security” tab and click on “Firewall & Network Protection”.
- Now, click on the “Allow an app through Firewall” option.
- Then select “Change options”, and then click on “Yes”.
- Next, select the “Allow another app option” and select the launcher executable file.
- Again, repeat step 4 and browse to the directory where your Minecraft folders are saved.
- Go to the “Maxwell” folder and allow all the Minecraft Java executable files in the folder.
- Repeat step 4 again and go to the Java Platform SE Binary. Allow all the Java Platform SE Binary files under both Public and Private sections.
- Save the changes and now launch Minecraft. The io.netty.channel.abstractchannel error will not appear.
4. Connect To VPN
VPN is one of the best ways to fix the Minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection timed out error. If you are getting this Minecraft.io error on your device, then install a trusted VPN and connect to the nearest region.
Now, open Minecraft and try to join a multiplayer game server. Using a VPN will mask your IP address and if there are any IP conflicts, those will not arise. Therefore, use a VPN as soon as possible. But, if you still get the same error, try the next method.
5. Add IP Address & Select Suitable Port
The “Failed to connect to server” Minecraft.io errors occur due to a lot of IP address and port issues. Make sure you have selected the correct and working port. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Run the Command Prompt as administrator on your device.
- Enter the “ipconfig” command and press Enter to run the command.
- Now, note down the IPv4 address from the screen.
- Next, go to the Minecraft installation folder -> Maxwell -> Minecraft Server.
- Go to the Minecraft Server Properties text document.
- Here, note down the Server Port address. Open Minecraft and select Multiplayer mode.
- Go to the server you want to join to play and select the “Edit” option.
- Here, enter the IPv4 address and click on “Done”.
- Now, try to connect to a server. The error won’t appear hopefully.
6. Update Java Software Version
Minecraft is a Java edition game that almost all users know. Therefore, this game always needs the latest version of Java software to run efficiently. A lot of newer mods on Minecraft are compatible with the latest Java version. Therefore, make sure to update the Java software on your device.
7. Reinstall Minecraft
If none of the methods given in this post are able to fix the Minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception server failed error, try the last fix on this post. Just uninstall the Minecraft game and then get it again. Follow the steps given below to reinstall Minecraft.
- Go to Control Panel -> Uninstall a program -> Uninstall Minecraft.
- Restart the PC once Minecraft is completely uninstalled.
- Now, go to the Microsoft Store and download Minecraft.
- Install the game successfully and sign in using your account.
- The io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error won’t bug you anymore.
That was all about the Minecraft io.netty.channel “Failed to connect to the server” error. These errors are not fatal and do not impose any harm on your data. Don’t worry and easily fix the error by performing the solutions given here. For more related articles, keep visiting the Lavrusik website.