Discord Stuck on Connecting: Discord is taking like forever to connect and the screen is stuck out of the blue. Many Discord users are having the same problem on their devices too. Either the Discord stuck on connecting voice or the screen and annoys the users a lot.
Discord is a useful application for sharing screens, voice chatting, text chatting, and much more while playing games. It is mainly used for live streaming games with other players. Discord allows the users to interact with other players while they are in a multiplayer game.
But, when a user opens Discord, the app is stuck on connecting screen for a seriously long time. No matter how much time you wait for the app to connect, it just does the same. So, if you want to know how to fix this problem easily, read below.
Fix Discord Stuck On Connecting
Discord getting stuck on the connecting screen is one of the common issues for Windows users. Even some mobile users face the same problem. Either the screen or the voice is stuck on Discord. If you are having the same problem on Discord, then try the fixes given here.
1. Restart Your Device
If your Discord application is stuck on the screen, then just start with restarting your device. A simple restart can easily fix the stuck screen of Discord without any hassle. You won’t even have to try the other fixes if this one worked. So, just restart or reboot your device and then open Discord. The Discord stuck on connecting issue won’t appear again.
2. Disable Proxy Server
Using Proxies and VPN are also sometimes the reason behind the Discord stuck on connecting to channel. If you are using a proxy network on your device, then make sure to disable it. To do so, follow the steps given here.
- Go to the Control Panel and select the “Network and Internet” section.
- Now, open the “Internet Options” to get a mini window.
- Here, click on the “Connections” tab and select the “LAN settings” button.
- Next, under Proxy Server, uncheck the box for “Use a proxy server for your LAN“.
- Click on “OK” to save the changes and exit the window.
- Now, reconnect to the internet and launch the Discord application.
- If the Discord stuck on connecting voice or screen again, try the next method.
3. Flush The DNS
If your Discord application screen is still getting stuck, then try flushing the DNS on your Windows device. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Open the Command Prompt as administrator on your device.
- Now, type the commands given below and press Enter after each command.
- Once all the commands are executed successfully, restart the PC.
- Then, launch Discord and check if it is working properly.
4. Turn Off Third-Party Antivirus
Do you use external antivirus software on your Windows PC? Turn it off and then use Discord. A lot of Discord users found this method helpful for fixing the Discord not connecting issue. If you are using any third-party antivirus software like Avast, Norton, AVG, etc, just disable it temporarily. Check if the Discord stuck on connecting screen issue is fixed.
5. Change Your Region
If Discord servers are down in your region, then it may also cause the Discord stuck on rtc connecting screen issue. Changing your region on the Discord servers is one of the best ways to get rid of the stuck screen issues.
- First of all, open the Discord app and open the server that you want to connect to.
- Now, select the server and choose the “Server Settings” menu.
- Next, click on the “Overview” tab from the left pane of the Settings window.
- Go to the Server Region section and click on the “Change” button.
- Change your region to any other location and save the changes.
- Restart the Discord app. The stuck screen issue won’t appear hopefully.
6. Allow Discord Through Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall is just like Avast and other antivirus software. It blocks access to a lot of apps and sites if it detects any issues. However, the Firewall also blocks safe apps as well just like Discord. Therefore, allow the Discord app through Firewall by following these steps.
- Right-click on the Start menu and go to the “Settings” option.
- Now, select the “Update & Security” option to open it.
- Go to the “Windows Security” tab and select “Firewall and network protection”.
- Next, click on “Allow an app through Firewall” and click on “Change Settings”.
- Check the boxes for Discord under both Public and Private columns.
- Finally, save the changes by clicking the “OK” button.
7. Change DNS Server
The Discord app not loading still? If you are having the same issue still, change the DNS server address on your device. For that, follow the steps given below.
- Right-click on the Start menu and open the “Run” program.
- In the given Run box, type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter.
- Now, right-click on your current network and select “Properties”.
- In the Properties window, click on “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
- Enter the following DNS addresses in the specified fields.
- Then, click on “OK” to save the changes and then restart the device.
- The Discord stuck on connecting screen issue won’t appear.
8. Perform Clean Boot
If you are still having the same problem on Discord, then try performing a clean boot on a Windows device. A clean boot on Windows is helpful for fixing the Discord connecting issues. Follow these steps to clean boot Windows.
- Right-click on the Start menu and open the “Run” program.
- Now, type the “msconfig” command in the Run box and press Enter.
- Under the Services tab, check the option for “Hide all Microsoft Services”.
- Click on the “Disable all” button.
- Next, click on the “Startup” tab and select “Open Task Manager”.
- In the Task Manager, right-click on each program and select “Disable”.
- Go back to the MSConfig window and click on “Apply” and “OK”.
- Restart your device and launch Discord immediately.
We have given the best methods in this post that are helpful for the Discord stuck on connecting forever. If your Discord app is not working properly or is stuck on the screen, then don’t freak out. Just follow the simple methods listed here and easily fix the problem. To get more useful guides from Lavrusik, keep following our website.