Connection Failed Unable to access online services: Modern Warfare Connection Failed is one of the most common errors a player can see on his or her Call Of Duty Modern Warfare game. Call Of Duty is one of the most played game series till now. Millions of users actively participate in the Modern Warfare game daily. The Modern Warfare game can be played on Windows, PlayStation, and Xbox platforms.
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare is a first-person shooter online video game. This game can be played in both single and multiplayer modes. Released under Activision, Modern Warfare is one of the most played games in the Call Of Duty game series. This game has a good set of system and network requirements that often creates trouble while playing games.
Such a problem is the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Connection Failed error. A lot of Modern Warfare players see this error in their game, however, not all of them know how to fix it. If you are also confused about this Call Of Duty Modern Warfare error, then this guide will help you out. Learn the best tricks to fix the Modern Warfare Connection Failed Unable to access online services error here.
Fixes For Modern Warfare Connection Failed Error
So, here are the most effective fixes that one can use to resolve the Modern Warfare Unable to access online services error.
1. Is Activision Down?
This is the first thing you should do when your game or any app misbehaves. Check its main server before you perform the fixes. Activision is home to some of the most popular games in the world. You must check the Activision status before you think it is your game’s fault. Go to the official page of Activision on Twitter and see if there are any updates about an outage.
2. Check Your Internet
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare needs high-speed internet data or wi-fi signal to run faster. This game consumes more internet than other games due to its high graphics, video resolution, and also multiplayer mode option. Therefore, make sure your internet is strong enough. If needed, restart the router and then try to play the game.
3. Update Network Driver
If your network is causing the problem, then make sure the network drivers are updated on your PC. Here is how you can update the network driver.
- Right-click on the Start menu and select the “Device Manager”.
- Expand the “Network adapters” section to view the full options.
- Right-click on your network device and select “Update driver”.
- When prompted, select whether you want to update automatically or manually.
- Once done, restart the device. Launch Modern Warfare and see if the error is fixed.
4. Change DNS
If you are still getting the same error on your game, then change the DNS of your Windows PC. For changing the DNS values, follow the steps given below.
- Press the Windows+R keys to get the Run box on your screen.
- Type “control panel” in this box and press Enter to open Control Panel.
- Now, click on “Network and Internet” and open it.
- Select “Network connection” and right-click on your network device.
- Click on the “Properties” to get a pop-up window on your screen.
- Check the box for “IPv4” and click on the “Properties” button.
- Next, click on the “Use the following DNS server addresses” option.
- Enter any one of the IP addresses given below:
- Save the changes and exit the settings.
5. Repair Game Files
The Blizzard launcher offers a very useful feature with the name “Scan and repair” for its games. If you are having any difficulty while playing games on the Battle.net launcher, you can use this for repairing it. Here is how to repair game files on Modern Warfare.
- Open the Battle.net launcher and go to the Modern Warfare game.
- Now, click on the “Options” menu and select “Scan and Repair”.
- Then, select the “Begin scan” button.
- Wait until the scan is finished and relaunch the game.
- The error will not appear hopefully.
6. Change Your Region
A geo-restriction or other DNS issues on your router or device location are some of the major causes of errors. If you are unable to fix the Connection Failed Modern Warfare error, then change your region or location. If you want to change your region on Modern Warfare, follow these steps.
- Go to the Battle.net game launcher on your PC and open it.
- Now, under the Games menu, open the “Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare” game.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and click on the globe icon to change the region.
- Select a region except for the one you are currently in and save the changes.
- Exit the game and then relaunch it. The error will not appear this time.
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare is one of the most popular FPS games in the world. But, if your favorite game is troubling you with the connection failed error, then we have provided suitable fixes for it. Just go through the methods given here and easily get rid of the Modern Warfare game errors. If you liked this post, then keep visiting our Lavrusik website for more useful guides.