Are you looking for a way to enable screen share on Discord Server? If you are here to know how to enable screen share on Discord server, then this guide is for you. Discord’s Screen Share is one of the best features to share your live streams on a bigger platform.
Discord Screen Share is a useful feature when you want to share your live game streams with your friends. The users on one server can simultaneously conduct a live video chat and share their desktop screens. Up to 10 people can simultaneously share their screens with other users on the Discord server successfully.
With the screen share enabled on your Discord app, you can easily switch between different apps and share your screen. If you are looking for a simple method to share your screen on the Discord server, this guide will show you the step-by-step method.
How To Enable Screen Share On Discord Server
Before you start using the screen-sharing feature on your device, there are some settings to be done. Enabling the video settings, allowing your web browser to use Discord, and adding the users to your call list is important. Make sure to go through the following steps before you share your screen on Discord Server.
1. Set Up Discord Video/Camera
You must enable your video and audio hardware on your device for screen sharing on Discord. Discord’s screen share is not available on the mobile application, therefore you have to use it on the web version.
- Open Disord and click on the gear icon to go to the Settings.
- From the left pane, click on the “Voice & Video” tab.
- Scroll down to the Video Settings section and select your Video Camera.
2. Allow Discord On Web Browser
When you open Discord on a web browser, you will have to grant permission to access your camera and mic.
- When you click on the Discord Test Video, a pop-up will appear.
- Click on “Allow” to grant your access.
3. Add Friends To Your Call List
Whenever you want to share screen Discord application or web version, you must be friends with all the users. If you are not a friend of a person on Discord, you can’t share the screen with them.
- Go to Discord and click on “Friends” to see your Friends List.
- Here, click on the username of your friend to open a DM window.
- Click on the Video Call icon at the top-right to add them to your call list.
Steps To Enable Screen Share On Discord Server
Once you have finished all the pre-requirement settings for the Discord Screen Share, you are all set to share the screen. Know the simple steps to screen share in Discord Server below.
1. Enable Screen Share On Discord Server For Smartphone
If you are a smartphone, whether Android or iOS, user, then you can follow the simple steps given below.
- Firstly, open your smartphone and join the server and voice channel you want to.
- Now, tap on the screen share icon at the bottom of the screen. If this icon is greyed out, then you can’t use the screen share in this voice channel.
- Next, the Discord platform will ask you for permission to record the screen. Tap on “Start now” or “Start Broadcast” to start the live stream.
- You can now swipe out of Discord and open other apps for your friends to view. Screen Sharing makes it easier to use other apps when Discord is at work.
- The people in your call list can view all the apps and videos that you are streaming in your Discord Screen Share.
- When you want to end the Discord stream, tap on the “Stop Sharing” button.
2. Enable Screen Share On Discord Server For PC
If you use the Discord application or web version of Discord on a Windows or Mac PC, then you can follow these steps. Easily screen share in Discord Server with these simple steps.
- On your Windows or Mac device, open Discord and join the server and voice channel.
- Click on the “Screen” option at the bottom-left. If this icon is greyed out, then you can’t use the screen share in this voice channel.
- Now, select if you want to share your entire screen or just an application.
- Also, choose the streaming quality and framerate for your Discord streams.
- Then, click on the “Go Live” button to start streaming on Discord.
- To end the stream, leave the voice channel and click on the “Screen” option again.
- If you want to screen share in a private video call, just video call the user.
- You will see the “Share Your Screen” option on your Discord. Click on it to screen share.
That was all about how to screen share on the Discord server successfully. Whether you are on a smartphone or PC, using the Discord app or web version, share your screen successfully. If you are unable to share the screen on Discord, use the fixes given here to enable screen sharing. We hope you found this information helpful. For more related articles, visit the Lavrusik website.