Google Docs Dark Mode: If you want to know how to enable the dark mode while using Google Docs, then this post is for you. Here, we will show you the most simple and straightforward method to use the dark theme in Google Docs. Read the full post to know how to start using it on your devices.
Google Docs is one of the leading office management tools on the internet right now. Most offices and companies use Google Docs for handling teamwork. This online word processor offers a lot of features like creating, editing, sharing files, etc.
In this era of both day and night shifts equally in demand, most people have to work on Google Docs at night. Using dark mode reduces the effects of blue light on smartphones and computers. If you also work at night G-Docs, then know how to enable dark mode Google Docs.
How To Turn On Google Docs Dark Mode
Google Docs uses the light mode by default on many devices. But, you can always switch to a dark theme whenever you want on Android, iOS, and desktop devices. Here, we are going to show you how to make Google Docs dark mode. You can use the same steps for enabling dark mode in Google Slides and Google Sheets as well.
1. Turn On Dark Mode In Google Docs Desktop
Google Chrome allows you to use the night mode on desktop devices such as Windows, Linux, and macOS devices. Though there is no in-built night mode option for Google Docs, you can directly turn it on for Chrome itself. Here, one thing that you should note is, if you turn on the dark theme for Google Chrome, all the other sites will also be dark. You can’t just use the night mode on a desktop device for only one site.
Follow the steps given below to turn on dark mode for Google Docs.
- Launch Google Chrome on your desktop or laptop.
- In the URL bar, search for “chrome://flags”.
- Now, in the search box, type “Force Dark Mode”.
- Next, click on the options next to Force Dark Mode for web contents and select “Enabled”.
- A window will appear on the screen asking you to relaunch the browser.
- Click on the “Relaunch” button to start using Chrome in dark mode.
- When you open Google Docs, the site will also open in a dark theme.
2. Turn On Dark Mode In Google Docs Android and iOS
Both Android and iOS devices support the dark theme feature for Google Docs. If you wish, you can totally make the device go in the night mode. For that, your Android should be at least version 10 or higher and the iOS version should be 13 or higher. But, if you want to turn on the night mode for only Google Docs, then it is also possible.
Follow the steps given below to enable the night mode for Google Docs on Android and iOS devices.
- First of all, turn on your device and open Google Docs.
- Now, tap on the three vertical lines at the top-left corner.
- From the given drop-down menu, click on the “Settings” option.
- Here, select the “Theme” option under the Settings menu.
- Select the “Dark” theme which is under the Light theme.
- That’s it. The complete Google Docs app will appear in dark mode.
If you want to make Google Docs dark but the documents in light theme, then you can do that too. The Google Docs app will remain dark but the documents opened will appear in the normal way.
- Open Google Docs and enable the dark theme with the above procedure.
- Now, go to any document and tap on the three dots at the top-right.
- Toggle the button for the “View in light theme” option.
That was all about using the dark mode Google Docs. If you don’t want to strain your eyes while working at night, then enable the dark theme easily. Both smartphones and desktops can successfully access the night mode for Google Chrome without any issues. If you like this post, share it with others and enlighten them about using dark mode. For more related articles, visit the Lavrusik site.