You might have heard about the Remote Connect feature on “aka.ms/remoteconnect” for playing Microsoft games? Well, you heard it right. Remote Connect is one of the most useful features a Microsoft account can offer you. If you are a gamer, then you would be happy to know that remote connect offers a cross-play for your Xbox games.
Minecraft is one of the largest played games in the world. This online sandbox video game has made every kid, teenager, and adult fan within a short period of time. Minecraft is currently having 125 million active monthly users with more than 200 million sales. Once you step into the world of Minecraft, you don’t want to step outside of it.
Microsoft acquired Minecraft in 2014. Now, if you want to play Minecraft on your Xbox console or any other gaming platform, you must connect your Minecraft game with your MS account. By linking your accounts, you can use the fullest of remote connect on your Minecraft game. If you want to know how to use the Remote Connect feature for your Minecraft game, then read below.
What Is Aka.ms/remoteconnect
The https //aka.ms/remoteconnect is a Microsoft page that lets you activate the remote connect feature on your Minecraft game. Now that Minecraft is owned by Microsoft, you must link your game account with your Microsoft account using a code. This code should be entered on the aka.ms/remoteconnect page to enable remote play or cross-play for your game.
As long as you are using a Microsoft Windows device or an Xbox gaming console, you won’t need this remote connect activation. But, if you want to switch to a different console such as a Nintendo Switch or a PS4, you must link your game with your Microsoft account.
How To Setup Remote Connect On Xbox One
Xbox One users don’t need to go through the aks/ms remoteconnect activation as they are using an MS account already. An Xbox One console definitely needs a Microsoft account to log in or sign in to the console. So, if you want to start playing Minecraft on your Xbox One, then just follow the steps given below.
- Buy Minecraft for your Xbox One and download the game on your console.
- Open Minecraft on your device and select the “Sign-in” button at the bottom-left.
- The game will automatically use your Xbox account to sign in.
- That’s it. You don’t have to go all the way to the Remote Connect page.
How To Setup Remote Connect On PS4 Or Nintendo Switch
The Remote Connect setup for your PS4 or Nintendo Switch console will be different from the Xbox Ones. If you want to play Minecraft on your PS4, PS5, or Nintendo Switch, then follow the steps given below.
- Download the Minecraft game on your PS4 or Nintendo Switch respectively.
- Once downloaded, launch the game, and select “Sign in with a Microsoft account”.
- The screen will show you the https //aka.ms/remoteconnect Minecraft code.
- Note down the code or keep the window opened. Do not close the window.
- On another device, open the browser and visit https://aka.ms/remoteconnect.
- Enter the code from your console screen and click on “Next” to complete the setup.
- That’s it. Remote Connect for Minecraft will be enabled on your device successfully.
How To Enable Cross-Play On Xbox
Don’t you want to play Minecraft with your friends you use other consoles such as a PlayStation or Nintendo? To enable cross-play on your Xbox console for Minecraft, follow the steps given here.
- Press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller to get the menu.
- Go to Account -> Account Privacy -> Online Safety -> Xbox Live Privacy.
- Now, select Custom -> View Details -> Customize.5.
- Next, go to the Communication and Multiplayer section.
- Make “You can communicate outside of Xbox Live” to “Everybody”.
- Now, exit the settings and open Minecraft on your Xbox console.
- Go to the “Find Cross-Platform friends” option to search for your friends.
- Search your friend’s Gamertag and play with them using the cross-play.
How To Enable Minecraft Cross-Play On PS4 Or Nintendo Switch
Similarly, when you are on a PS4 using Minecraft, you might want to play Minecraft with your friends who use Xbox, Windows, or Nintendo consoles. Using the Remote Connect feature, you can play Minecraft on your PS4 or Nintendo Switch and can also play multiplayer games with the cross-platform feature. When playing with your cross-platform friends, you must make sure that the multiplayer mode is enabled.
Open Minecraft on your PS4 or Nintendo Switch and sign in using a Microsoft account. Enable the Minecraft game for your device using the aka.ms/remoteconnect code. Open Minecraft on your device and go to “Create New World”. Here, you can search for your friends using their Gamertag and play with them without any hassle.
What Is Aka.ms/remoteconnect Error
When signing to your Minecraft game using your Microsoft account, you may come across some errors. If you are switching your device, then it may cause the aka.ms/remoteconnect error to appear on your sign-in page for Minecraft. One such error is “Failed to Login: Oops! Automatic sign-in has failed. You will need to manually sign in again to access your Microsoft account”.
Delete Corrupted Game Files To Fix RemoteConnect Error
The Minecraft aka.ms/remoteconnect Failed Login Error can occur due to changing your device. One of the main reasons why this issue can occur is due to the saved game data files. To fix this error, delete the saved game files for Minecraft on your Xbox. For that, follow the steps given below.
- Open Minecraft on Xbox and go to the Settings Menu.
- Now, select the “System Settings” from the given options.
- Go to Storage and then open the Game Storage for Minecraft.
- You will be able to see two game files here.
- Select both of them and delete the files.
- Now, go back to your Minecraft sign-in page and try to sign in.
- The error will not show up.
Https://aka.ms/remoteconnect is one of the most useful features given by Microsoft. To play Minecraft on PS4 or any other consoles other than the Xbox and Windows, you must link your Minecraft game with the Microsoft account. This should be done by visiting the Remote Connect page. We hope this article helped you to understand the setup and also how to fix the common Remote Connect errors. For more useful guides, visit the Lavrusik website.